Senior Technical Specialist
Nimbis Services, Inc. has a new opportunity for a Senior Technical Specialist to join our team in Dayton, Ohio in Wright Patterson AFB. Do you enjoy working with a highly collaborative R&D team pushing the boundaries of what the DoD can achieve in digital transformation and engineering innovation while ensuring all security objectives are met? If so, keep reading about our Senior Technical Specialist position. The Senior Technical Specialist focuses on supporting our customers and programs with an exciting portfolio of emerging, secure, cloud-based services. In this role you will support the integration of new applications with the Trusted Silicon Stratus collaborative engineering environment. One day you may assess the security posture of a proposed container-based application, the next day work alongside microelectronics engineers diagnosing performance problems with a brand-new EDA tool, and the following day advocate for a feature enhancement to improve the user experience based upon observations made during the previous day. The ideal candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively across a wide spectrum of people with varying degrees of experience and knowledge.
US Citizen Status is required for this position with potential clearance in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate and implement new applications to support customers and programs
- Assist with establishing and maintaining system/application authorization and accreditation (A&A) via NIST RMF packages for DoD ATO
- Guide partners in developing System Description and Functional Architecture narratives while ensuring established security requirements are addressed
- Produce or update supporting documentation such as topologies, dataflows, or standard operation procedures
- Conduct vulnerability and risk assessments in all phases of a system lifecycle, identify weaknesses, and oversee remediation via milestone driven events
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external cybersecurity stakeholders (ISSO/ISSM/SCA)
- Collaborate with DevSecOps team members in support of automating application deployments and maintenance tasks for transition to production
- Provide technical expertise and training to new and existing customers
What we need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related field or equivalent concentrated experience
- 5 plus years security, cloud computing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), FedRAMP, DoD Cloud Computing SRG
- Meet IAT Level II baseline certification requirement (CompTIA Security+) per DoD 8570.01 Manual
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux (RHEL-like preferred), Linux-based containers, virtualization/cloud, and web applications
- DevSecOps practices, Zero-Trust, Python, Ansible, Django, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Govcloud
- Networking, firewalls, data loss prevention
- Microsoft Windows Server and Windows-based web applications
Learn more about us:
Nimbis Services, Inc. is a privately held software company delivering web-based technical computer application services hosted on cloud and high-performance computing (HPC) platforms. Our software development environment is an open and collaborative one that is team oriented, creative and fun, with a focus on high integrity and customer satisfaction. Our goal is to outperform the competition in the areas of employment, service, security and safety. We strive to provide high quality products and services to our customers. We consider the employees of Nimbis to be our most valuable resource. The work and attitude of our employees is important to the success of Nimbis.
We offer competitive benefits that include a flexible/hybrid work schedule, competitive salary and full benefits. Our hybrid work schedule gives employees the flexibility to work 2 days remotely from a home office and 3 days from the assigned work office. Hybrid workdays and hours are flexible to allow employees to choose their schedule. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, dependent care account and 401K. In addition, you will receive paid time for 10 holidays, at least 15 vacation days (increases with years of service), 8 sick days and up to 5 days off the last week of December.
Nimbis Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer.