Administrative Office Specialist
Nimbis Services, Inc. has a great opportunity for an Administrative Office Specialist that will work from our new Columbus, Ohio. The Administrative Office Specialist will work from our Columbus, OH office 5 days a week overseeing/managing the office site and will be the first point of contact to all visitors, customers, and vendors. Responsible for assisting the Chief of Staff primarily and on-site staff and leadership with various clerical/office tasks and projects as needed. This individual will be responsible for planning various types of meetings and events that will be held at the office for guests (e.g., customers, partners, vendors) and employees. The coordination will involve all aspects of planning from start to finish (meeting invitations, agenda’s, travel/hotel information, technical/equipment set up, room arrangement and cleanup, etc.). This individual must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission- and results-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Office Specialist must have the aptitude to work independently on projects and must be able to handle a wide range of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Ideal candidate will also have experience interacting with government agencies and representatives.
US Citizen Status is required for this position with potential clearance in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to work with local and remote Nimbis staff.
- Serve as primary liaison for Nimbis front office reception- maintaining personable and professional demeanor at all times, receiving visitors and handling incoming/outgoing calls while ensuring compliance with security and safety procedures.
- Plan, prepare, coordinate, and execute a number of meetings (e.g., training, customer, and employee meetings, etc.) occurring in the office conference room and common areas. Organize refreshments, meals, beverages, etc. proactively, as needed for scheduled events. Transcribe scheduled events as needed. Maintain accurate meeting schedule of conference room use and availability while communicating incoming guests to on-site staff 24-hours in advance of arrival.
- Provide clerical support to on-site staff primarily utilizing Microsoft Applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, etc.). Familiarization with standard office equipment.
- Provide SharePoint site updates/administration assistance as directed by Nimbis. Familiarization with SharePoint.
- Provide Nimbis website updates as directed by Nimbis. Familiarization with Django CMS.
- Provide Nimbis Social Media updates as directed by Nimbis. Familiarization with LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Assist local and remote Nimbis staff with special projects while contributing to needs of business.
- Asist with preparation and production of business documentation and quality assurance reviews of documentation.
- Provide data entry support to on-site staff within Nimbis related applications.
- Assist with preparation of Visitor Welcome Packages (Nimbis Info, area info, dining/hotel info, TSS info, etc.)
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed for employees and/or visitors.
- Custodian of all on-site staff calendars; understand and be ready to communicate status at any given time; schedule and confirm appointments with visitors/guests.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail and deliveries. Prepare outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Ensure cleanliness, organization. and functionality of our entire office space.
- Landlord/Engineering POC (point of contact); for office related issues (light bulb replacement, HVAC, cleanliness, plumbing, notifications, etc.)
- Maintain office inventory and supplies as needed.
- Assist with preparation of office safety (emergency preparedness/exit) and Security Policies.
- Assist with preparing for the arrival of any new hire and when they arrive assisting with new hire orientation.
- Screen call and take clear and concise phone messages.
- Courier duties as necessary (post office; FedEx, office supplies, Costco, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
What we need:
2 - 4 years’ experience with the following administrative responsibilities: supply management, scheduling, equipment maintenance and travel logistics.
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must have strong organization and time management skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, web-based business support tools and Social Media web platforms.
What we would like to have:
Computer Proficiency with O365
Learn more about us:
Nimbis Services, Inc. is a privately held software company delivering web-based technical computer application services hosted on cloud and high-performance computing (HPC) platforms. Our software development environment is an open and collaborative one that is team oriented, creative and fun, with a focus on high integrity and customer satisfaction. Our goal is to outperform the competition in the areas of employment, service, security and safety. We strive to provide high quality products and services to our customers. We consider the employees of Nimbis to be our most valuable resource. The work and attitude of our employees is important to the success of Nimbis.
We offer competitive benefits that include a flexible/hybrid work schedule, competitive salary and full benefits. Our hybrid work schedule gives employees the flexibility to work 2 days remotely from a home office and 3 days from the assigned work office. Hybrid workdays and hours are flexible to allow employees to choose their schedule. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, dependent care account and 401K. In addition, you will receive paid time for 10 holidays, at least 15 vacation days (increases with years of service), 8 sick days and up to 5 days off the last week of December.
Nimbis Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. Employees are not required to wear a mask or have a COVID19 Vaccination. Each employee may decide what is best for themselves.