Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud
Nimbis Services, Inc. has a new opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team in our Bowie, Maryland or Columbus, Ohio office. The Sr. Software Engineer will help design and build our platform designed to solve long-standing collaboration problems that have existed in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) space. This platform is deployed into large-scale environments within Amazon Web Services (particularly AWS GovCloud), interacting with a wide array of AWS services and petabytes of data. Sr. Software Engineers are responsible for a broad range of duties including software design and development, customer engagement, project management, and ensuring security through the software development and operational lifecycle. We encourage technical growth, and as a more senior team member you will have the responsibility for fostering the growth of other DevSecOps team members. As you gain more experience and Nimbis technical knowledge, you will have the opportunity to be promoted into a Lead/Supervisor role if desired. This position’s official title at Nimbis will be Senior DevSecOps Engineer.
US Citizen Status is required for this position with potential clearance in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Have the freedom to come up with creative solutions to interesting problems. Some interesting pieces of our platform include our deployment of Terraform Landing Zone, an account vending machine for AWS (the first deployment ever in AWS GovCloud), and Grouse, a data repository content tracker with an emphasis on data provenance built on top of AWS S3.
- Work on all technical pieces of the platform – front-end, back-end, and everything in between. We want you to take ownership over pieces of the platform that interest you.
- Lead process improvement by developing new ways of doing everything and anything – whether it be the way we do planning, code reviews, meetings, etc. Everyone on the DevSecOps team has input on the way we do our work.
- Have ample opportunities for prototyping crazy ideas, and fill whiteboards with those ideas in the process.
- Take your ideas for new software features from start (design) to finish (deployment to production systems) within the span of days/weeks. Your changes will have the opportunity to be reviewed, merged, and deployed quickly.
- Provide technical leadership to other members of the DevSecOps team.
- Work to develop advanced CI/CD pipelines in GitLab to ensure the software artifacts that we create remain secure and highly reproducible.
- Experience interesting aspects of cybersecurity during your day-to-day software development. You’ll work to help ensure our software, infrastructure, and technical processes meet our ever-increasing security and compliance needs.
What we need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent number of years of experience.
- 5 plus years cloud DevOps experience
Must have experience with Infrastructure cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and two of the following:
- Containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Terraform/CloudFormation, Packer, etc.)
- Linux/Windows system administration experience
We offer competitive benefits that include a flexible/hybrid work schedule, competitive salary, and full benefits. Our hybrid work schedule gives employees the flexibility to work 2 days from a home office and 3 days from the assigned work office after your first 6 months of employment. Hybrid workdays and hours are flexible to allow employees to choose their schedule. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, dependent care account, and 401K. In addition, you will receive paid time for 10 holidays, at least 15 vacation days (increases with years of service), 8 sick days and up to 5 days off the last week of December.
Nimbis Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. Employees are not required to wear a mask or have a COVID19 Vaccination. Each employee may decide what is best for themselves.